ADAD Zoom Training: Cultural Diversity
Description: The purpose of this workshop is to strengthen providers’ work with culturally diverse populations. The presenter will discuss various approaches, skills, and techniques used to effectively work with various cultures.
Date/Time: Friday, July 16, 2021 from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Certificate: 3 hours ADAD approved.
Registration: Register here.
Facilitator: Jessica Torralva, MSCP, NCC. Jessica has extensive experience in the Human Service field. She currently works as a therapist for an evidenced-based treatment program. She is also the Area Chair for Bachelors of Science in Human Service-Field Experience and facilitator for a private college.
Target Audience: Certified Substance Abuse Counselors (CSAC), Certified Prevention Specialists (CPS), and applicants; those with other ADAD professional credentials; and anyone involved in the human services field.
The purpose of this workshop is to strengthen providers’ work with culturally diverse populations. The presenter will discuss various approaches, skills, and techniques used to effectively work with various cultures.
Upon completion of this Workshop the Clinician/Staff/Educators will have a clear understanding of:
- An Understanding of basic epidemiological, statistical, and medical impact of COVID-19.
- An understanding and statistics related to the increase in Substance Use Disorder in all populations due to effects of quarantine.
- Statistics and Impact on Mental Health and Suicide due to effects of quarantine.
- Understanding of quarantine impact and alternatives to SUD and improved coping skills.
- Know when to seek Supervision and Co-Treatment.