In this section, we present a collection of evidence-based interventions that have been implemented in Hawai‘i in the past several years. This is not a complete list of all evidence-based programs but a sample of programs for underage drinking prevention that were funded by Hawai‘i SPF-SIG Project from 2010 to 2012.
The purpose of the session is to gain an understanding of ethical guidelines in an advanced setting. Participants will be better equipped to resolve ethical dilemmas in Substance abuse and Mental Health field. This will be beneficial for those that have already completed Ethic’s the Basic.
This training will provide an overview of using emotional intelligence in the helping profession. Participants will learn the:
- Definition of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and how it differs from Intelligence (IQ)
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence with young adults (developmental perspective)
- Introduction to Daniel Goleman’s Competency Module
- Strategies to improve personal and professional life using Emotional Intelligence
- Action Steps helping professionals take to encourage empathy
- Activities that promote Emotional Intelligence
The purpose of this training is to introduce Family Systems Theories. The presenter will discuss various approaches, skills and techniques used in effectively working with families (dual parent household, single parent, traditional and non-traditional parenting). Participants will be introduced to various tools and skills and be able to identify valuable characteristics to effectively help families. This is an interactive training.