In this section, we present a collection of evidence-based interventions that have been implemented in Hawai‘i in the past several years. This is not a complete list of all evidence-based programs but a sample of programs for underage drinking prevention that were funded by Hawai‘i SPF-SIG Project from 2010 to 2012.
The purpose of the session is to gain an understanding of ethical guidelines in an advanced setting. Participants will be better equipped to resolve ethical dilemmas in Substance abuse and Mental Health field. This will be beneficial for those that have already completed Ethic's the Basic.
This training is for nonprofits in Maui County who are looking for ways to manage staff and run programs in a virtual environment.
- Learn the history of kratom
- Understand the use of kratom and the effects on the body
- Understand the difference between kratom and kava
- Explore kratom's rising popularity in the US
- Understand the current kratom debate over whether the drug is a healthy alternative to opioid misuse
- Discuss how to assess this emerging drug trend within your work
Participants will be able to:
1. Describe the transmission routes and prevention methods for viral hepatitis, HIV, and STDs.
2. List components of an effective risk assessment for sexually transmitted and other communicable disease.
3. Demonstrate risk reduction counseling techniques for people living with and at-risk for viral hepatitis, HIV, and STDs.
Overdose is the leading cause of accidental death in Hawaii and around the U.S. This interactive session will explore the impact of opioids on the body and identify the risks for accidental opioid overdose. Participants will be certified to administer Naloxone, the opioid antagonist.
This SAMHSA training was developed to provide practitioners and administrators’ familiarity and knowledge about the interaction between LGBT issues and substance use disorders. The curriculum offers skill-building knowledge enhancing practical abilities to offer sensitive, affirmative, culturally relevant, and effective treatment to LGBT individuals in substance use disorders treatment.
This training will provide an overview of environmental substance misuse prevention and how it shapes substance use behaviors.