ADAD Zoom Training: Client Centered Therapy
Description: This training will provide an overview of Carl Roger’s Client-Centered Therapy (aka Person-Centered Therapy). Objectives will include:
· Introduce Client-Centered Therapy/Approach
· Review key terms/techniques by Carl Rogers (including unconditional positive regard)
· Being where the client is at – present focused approaches
· How to achieve congruence in therapy
· The Gentle Push – how to make progress with clients in therapy
· Activities to promote change in therapy
Date/Time: Friday, March 12, 2021 from 9:00am – 12:00pm
Certificate: 3 hours ADAD approved.
Registration is closed.
Facilitator: Jessica Torralva, LMHC, NCC. Jessica has extensive experience in the Human Services Field working as a Supervisor for an evidenced-based treatment program. Jessica is the Area Chair for the Social Sciences program at a private college. Jessica is also currently pursuing her PhD in Clinical Psychology.
Target Audience: Certified Substance Abuse Counselors (CSAC), Certified Prevention Specialists (CPS), Certified Criminal Justice Addictions Professionals (CCJP), Certified Clinical Supervisors (CCS) and applicants; those with other ADAD professional credentials; and anyone involved in the human services field to include Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW).